Gary Vaynerchuk delivered the opening keynote at DIG SOUTH 2015 – the Southeast’s Interactive Festival in Charleston, SC.
Tag Archives | Gary Vaynerchuk Quotes
Watch and learn what Gary Vaynerchuk thinks of big brands and fortune 500 companies…
Check out this video by Gary Vaynerchuk discussing how Social Media is tricking everyone and that ROI on social media takes a lot more work and takes a lot more time then Search, Email Marketing, and other forms of online marketing we are use to.
The Purity of Capitalism | Gary Vaynerchuk – The Cain Conversation
Gary Vaynerchuk is an entrepreneur and best-selling author of “Jab, Jab, Jab Right-Hook,” specializing in social media and marketing. Here he talks to Will Cain in the first edition of “The Cain Conversation”: on patience, capitalism, innovation and more.
Full Interview coming in a week by the Blaze.
Some of Gary Vaynerchuk’s notable quotes from this video:
- If you are selling shit there is nothing I can do for you
- Social Media is coming after a digital world that were much more scalable and automated (Banner ads, Search Engine Optimization, Email marketing)
- We are coming from a sprint and going into a marathon we haven’t trained for
- We need to sell gateway drugs vs 7 course meals on these social platforms (micro content)
- Gary said he would rather someone roll up on him, stab him with a knife than lose his cell phone
- “Mother$ucker cell phones are our generations cigarettes”
Some points of this interview include;
Gary outlines how to cater to each Social Media platform to tell a story.
Tumblr = Animated gifs
Pinterest = Females and infographics
Twitter = listening/engaging tool
Facebook = keep in touch with your personal world
Gary also talks about context vs. content and understanding who you are telling your story to vs. just pushing out content for the hell of it.
If you don’t have time to dedicate to Social Media start to look at what you are doing that brings in no value to your business and audit the dumb shit out. Which is turning out to be a famous Gary Vaynerchuk quote.
Marie Forleo told Gary her favorite chapter of Jab Jab Jab Right Hook is Chapter 9 about effort. She was also dumbfounded to understand how Gary built his social media agency from 20 people to 300 people over the last two years and how he did it.
Like myself Gary and Marie are from the dirty jerz…
Gary Vaynerchuk is a monster sales person and taps into every audience he can from people with no following or followers to people like Mari Smith who he met at a conference where they both had social media keynotes.
Check out this hour long Q&A video with Gary Vaynerchuk where he talks about how he is bullish on Vine, how you have to work your face off, and how this is the best time to build a business.
To be the best sales person you have to think of the finish line for the person you are selling to.
- Marketers ruin everything
- Social Media is a gateway drug to your landing page
- Social Media takes a lot of time and money, two things most Small Businesses have
- Authenticity is #1
- Email Marketing returns are diminishing
- Banner Ads don’t work
- Yellow Pages is dead
- Businesses are still doing things that make no sense out of habit
- Video is still big and a huge opportunity
- VaynerMedia is about 250 employees with 50 clients and now charging 50k/month to big brands